Photo EXIF data - app or some way to see while ON iPhone?

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
As the subject says - is there a way to see the exif data from a picture in the photo roll via an App or something?

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Thanks.. saw those... but they seem to be more for mapping and date/time. And that's definitely a plus (why apple won't let you see date/time a photo was taken is silly in my opinion)

I was hoping/wondering if there was an app to see all the exif data (i.e. as if you opened up a property box like in the Preview.app on the mac.

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
I was wondering the same thing. Iphoto on the Mac lets you do it (doubtful the Ipad does, right? I can't even think how it would - two finger tap?) so I don't know why Apple would be opposed to it. I think it's just that no one's created an app that accesses the data yet. It's not something I'd use a lot, but it could be handy to have at times. Someone get on this!

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I was wondering the same thing. Iphoto on the Mac lets you do it (doubtful the Ipad does, right? I can't even think how it would - two finger tap?) so I don't know why Apple would be opposed to it. I think it's just that no one's created an app that accesses the data yet. It's not something I'd use a lot, but it could be handy to have at times. Someone get on this!
I just put the idea out there to an app developer I know to either augment their current app or to create a new one.. fingers crossed..

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I use one called PhotoReview. The best one I've found, and it's nothing to write home about. It does the job though.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
This thread is almost 2 years old... I'm sure they've found what they're looking for by now (or have long given up the search).
lol I didn't notice that. I was looking for a thread from this weekend and went back to page 3. Glad I wasn't the one who bumped it from oblivion, but I was not paying attention to dates. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.