Photo EXIF data - app or some way to see while ON iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samcraig, Jul 13, 2010.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

As the subject says - is there a way to see the exif data from a picture in the photo roll via an App or something?

2. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Gentle next-day-bump to see if anyone has an answer here... thanks

3. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Thanks.. saw those... but they seem to be more for mapping and date/time. And that's definitely a plus (why apple won't let you see date/time a photo was taken is silly in my opinion)

I was hoping/wondering if there was an app to see all the exif data (i.e. as if you opened up a property box like in the Preview.app on the mac.

5. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

I was wondering the same thing. Iphoto on the Mac lets you do it (doubtful the Ipad does, right? I can't even think how it would - two finger tap?) so I don't know why Apple would be opposed to it. I think it's just that no one's created an app that accesses the data yet. It's not something I'd use a lot, but it could be handy to have at times. Someone get on this!

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I just put the idea out there to an app developer I know to either augment their current app or to create a new one.. fingers crossed..

7. shooter.tx macrumors newbie

8. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I use one called PhotoReview. The best one I've found, and it's nothing to write home about. It does the job though.

9. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

This thread is almost 2 years old... I'm sure they've found what they're looking for by now (or have long given up the search).

10. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

lol I didn't notice that. I was looking for a thread from this weekend and went back to page 3. Glad I wasn't the one who bumped it from oblivion, but I was not paying attention to dates. :eek: