Photo extensions not working

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by SCMedic, Sep 21, 2014.

1. SCMedic macrumors regular

Anyone else seeing that the ability to edit in albums via Afterlight or Camera+ isn't working?

Is there a setting I'm missing?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

It doesn't appear that either app currently allows photo extensions. I don't own either of them but a cursory glance at iTunes didn't show either one updating for photo extensions yet. It does appear Camera+ is working on it though.

3. SCMedic thread starter macrumors regular

I saw that after I posted.

The updates need to start rolling out. iOS 8 doesn't feel like a big update yet.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I wouldn't say that, quite, but I do understand. It will be nice once developers get their extensions out. I'm looking forward to some truly useful widgets to be released as well.

5. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

So Afterlight updated their app to work with Extensions, yet after editing my picture using extensions, when I try to save it, it won't save. iPhone 6 Plus here. Anyone else experiencing this?

Camera+ updated theirs too and the some features freeze the Photos app.

6. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

Just took a photo and edited it with Camera + from the photos app. Worked fine. iPhone 4S, 8.0.2

7. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I just tried editing a pic taken with the 6 Plus default camera. I sharpened it, added the "Flash" lighting effect, and the "Transfer" filter just for demonstrations sake. All added fine, then when I hit "Done" it's giving me a black screen with the spinning wheel. So there's problems saving pictures with certain features I guess? Or a combination.

EDIT: All is fine until I sharpened the picture after applying the effects above. So maybe "The Lab" function is still buggy for Extensions?

8. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

Works great for me. In fact, after using this new feature I really think this is my favorite new iOS 8 feature as I love to take pictures & edit them. Found this article that might be helpful.

----------

The lab function worked fine for me on my 6. Sometimes it is pretty slow to save back but i think this is an icloud issue.