Photo folder logic

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by vexorg, Dec 27, 2014.

1. vexorg macrumors 6502a

Assuming we don't have a mac, and use a PC to connect and copy photos, where is the logic in the new folder system???

I use a mbp with iPhoto, and also a PC to store family and personal photos. The iphone used to have roughly 1 folder per 1000 pics, now it seems to have a pile of random folders with a random mix of pictures in them.

Why can't they simply start the folder names at 0000 and then increment per folder for windows?

2. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Why not just set up your Windows iCloud Photo folder?

3. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why would I want to use iCloud when I have a USB cable connected? and I can copy the files directly?

i Could have 5Gb? and the average phone has 16/32Gb? or am I missing something obvious.

4. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

All photos taken on your iPhone are synch'd to your designated folder on your PC. These are actually downloaded onto the PC so your capacity is as large as your HD. No need to connect and no need to transfer. It's automatically done as long as you have a wi-fi connection.

It's not as easy for a Mac user as you need iPhoto. You can't just designate a folder on your machine.

5. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have no problem with iPhoto, other than it will want to copy photos over even if I've deleted them form iPhoto. There should be an option for it to not re-download photos over and over.

I avoid any cloud system. Don't trust them, can't rely on the them. Would rather know it is copied and can't be messed around by other background apps.