Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

David Bowie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
David Bowie land
Hello all, it's David Bowie. One day I was looking at my photos on my iPod touch and after a few rows of photos they all turned black when I was scrolling through. When I click on them after that, or select a specific photo and skip to the photos next to it, they show up in the window with one photo, but otherwise I can't see them. This is inconvenient for when I am selecting photos to send to others, for wallpaper, etc. I haven't heard of this problem before and it doesn't seem to be on the web. Can someone help me?
Love, DB

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Someone has traveled back in time and is screwing around with your ancestors, slowly erasing your own past, present and future. The disappearing pictures are proof of that. You will eventually just cease to exist.

You should spend or give away all your wealth immediately before it goes black as well. I can help you with that part if needed.

David Bowie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
David Bowie land
Ha, ha... but really, no one else knows about this problem? How inconvenient. It just randomly happened one day. But not all of my photos turned black, and they're still there...

lotones

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2010
"little fat man with a pug-nosed face... pug pug, pug pug..."

I love that song... Nice work there David, as usual...

Try turning the iPod completely off - hold down the lock button then slide to power off - let it rest for a few moments, then power it up again. If that doesn't work, sync your iPod to your computer and delete the old photos off the iPod. Then add the photos back in through iTunes.

Hope that works. Btw, are you ever going to make another album?

David Bowie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
David Bowie land
I tried the power-off thing, also restarting it (home button & power button), the photos are still black but really none of them are that important except for my drawings of octopi. I will try syncing, thanks for the advice everyone! I hope this never happens to anyone else...
Iotones said:
Btw, are you ever going to make another album?
Maybe...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.