Photo Help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeighAnna Jones, Jan 4, 2011.

1. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

So....
    To get straight to the story. I have downloaded numerous wallpapers from several apps. Now they are all mixed up in my normal photos, and I would like to keep the ones I take and the ones I have downloaded seperate.
    Is there a way to create folders for your photos? If so, erm... how do you do it?? Thanks.

2. LeighAnna Jones thread starter macrumors 6502

3. LeighAnna Jones thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Drucifer macrumors regular

I haven't done this myself but from my understanding when you are syncing your device you have to pick which folder you want to sync to the device for your photos. Maybe try to sort all the photos into different folders and put all those folders into one general folder called "iPod Photos" or something like that then sync that folder. When you check the photo section the pictures should be seperated into seperate folders.

If you are actually looking to manage them on the iPod or iPhone itself then I don't think that is possible. You would probably need to get an App from the App Store that takes care of that. I think my friend had one that let him organize the pictures and even rotate or crop them, I'll see if I can get the name of the app.

5. Ipodize macrumors member

Ipodize

I created an album in iPhoto called iPod Wallpapers, put my wallpapers in it, and synced it to my iPod. That gave me two seperate "folders" - "Camera Roll" and "iPod wallpapers". If you put two or more albums on your iPod, an extra "folder" appears called "Photo Library", which contains the contents of all the albums you've synced to your iPod.

Hope this helps.

6. donkey96 macrumors newbie

donkey96

You can't create folders on your ipod. You have to do it from iphoto. Sorry if you have a PC. :S