Photo help

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by EzDoesItSC, Sep 20, 2014.

1. EzDoesItSC macrumors member

Just got a new 6 plus and I realize I should have gotten one bigger than 16gb. Anyway can someone tell me a way that I can get photos off my device to free up some space but that I can still get to them from my phone if I want to show someone a old vacation photo or something like that? I have them backed up on icloud but there is no way to view them. Any app or web service that I can copy them to and delete them off my phone? I have searched for a while but can't find a definite answer. Thanks.

2. sekazi macrumors 6502

Dropbox, One Drive, Google Drive, Box, Cubby, etc.

3. EzDoesItSC thread starter macrumors member

So I can use any of those and delete them off my device completely ?

4. sekazi macrumors 6502

Once you copy the files to one of the services from a computer just install the App and you can view the photos. They will not be stored on the device so you will need an internet connection to view them.

You can also turn on photo backup for most if not all off those services within the app.

Here is a view of what Dropbox looks like.
    [​IMG]

5. EzDoesItSC thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks i will try it out and see if I can get it to work. I just have to figure out how to get the old ones off my iTunes backup that aren't on my device anymore. I really thought the icloud would work this way and that is one reason I bought extra storage. Then I found out that wasn't the case.