Photo hosting app with editing

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by porcupine8, Mar 19, 2012.

1. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I use my iPad a lot for photo editing/management. My eye-fi card auto-uploads everything to Photobucket, I use the photobucket app to arrange things into albums, download some to the iPad for editing and reuploading to various places to order prints (hardly anyone lets you order prints from their app, but that's a different complaint).

The annoying thing is that photobucket doesn't let you do minor edits, like rotating, in their app. It's a pain to download and reupload a pic just for that.

Does anyone know of a photo host whose iPad app has basic editing?

So far I've found: Photobucket and shutterfly don't. Picasa/g+ and Kodak gallery do, but they're iPhone apps. Snapfish doesn't and is iPhone. I found a 3rd party Flickr app that does, but I don't like how public everything is on Flickr. Imageshack doesn't seem to have an app.

2. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

I use Flickr and the Flickr Studio app to upload, which I think is very good. It has editing and bulk uploading, letting me put pictures into sets, collections, groups or just leave as is.

Regarding everyone seeing your pics, just change the access privileges. You can make them visible to only you, your friends or everyone, all from within the program before uploading.

3. porcupine8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know you can lock them, but I'd like to be able to show albums to people without their having to log in, so technically they're publicly available, but unlikely for strangers to randomly come across them - security through obscurity, sort of. Flickr is practically built on viewing random people's photos, whereas it's unlikely to happen in some others.