Resolved Photo import sequence

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kanunu, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Kanunu, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012

Kanunu macrumors 6502

How do you control the sequence of photos imported to an iPad using iTunes. I set up a special folder and named the photos I wanted in a certain order by manipulating their filenames so that I could use them as a slideshow. When I imported them they were all in some other order. Since iOS does not give access to the file structure how can we control the order of the photos?

2. brucemir macrumors newbie

do yourself a favor, download the app "private photos" (its icon is a pink flower) It is free, but I think 1.99 for the pro edition. Besides having a password to open the app, or individual folders, or you can use with no password as I do. Unlike the "Photos" app on the Ipad (I have an Ipad 3 64 GB) which totally ******** up my folder structure containing 25K of photos after installing ios 6, this app gives you total control of how you want to organize the order of your photos, folders, and other functions the ipad photos app cannot do. I spent about 8 hours last Saturday creating folders and reinstalling all my photos back into folders to my specifications using the itunes file sharing function. I am DONE with their photos app, except for pictures taken with my iphone 4S which puts them into the photostream. And the best thing about this app is when I was done, I was able to create back up files (which came out to 9.5GB), which again using itunes file sharing, is on my hard drive so I can reinstall all my photos when needed.