Photo in Finder Sidebar Under Places

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Josh865, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Josh865 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a photo showing up in the Finder sidebar under the Places category and I don't want it there. I can't "right-click" to remove it nor can I remove it using the Finder preferences pane (in fact, it doesn't even show up there). It doesn't show up when doing a Spotlight search, either.

Any suggestions for removing this?

Thanks,
    Josh

Attached Files:

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

What happens if you click on it? Can you click on it and drag it off? I've added stuff to places by dragging things there. Not every thing I want to drag there sticks, but I've never tried dragging things away from places but since that's the method of removing things from the dock, I'd give it try because the method of adding things to the dock is to drag them there.

Apple puts a lot of thought into consistency in the way things are done in OS X. If you can drag things on and off the dock, you should be able to drag things on and off of places, too.

3. Josh865 thread starter macrumors newbie

I forgot to add that I had tried dragging to no avail. I couldn't put it in the trash, the desktop, or another Finder window.

Josh

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Right click it.. or two finger tap it.. whatever your right click is and click remove from sidebar

5. Josh865 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Tried this, and my only option is "Open Sidebar Preferences...".

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

7. Josh865 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I'm running 10.6.7. Unfortunately, the ctrl-drag didn't work either. Thanks, though.

8. Josh865 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, that worked! Thanks much!

Josh

9. Gregg2 macrumors 603