Photo Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PharmDoc, Nov 7, 2011.

1. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

Hi Everybody

I had to get my wife's iphone 4 replaced due to faulty home button a few days ago. I updated the replacement phone to ios5 and then restored from backup. The only problem was that her photos didn't show up. I then used the iphone backup extractor to locate her pictures and put them in a different folder on the desktop. I've been trying to sync the photos to her new iphone but only a fraction of them show up. Any tips or ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

2. Solange82200 macrumors regular

Im not sure, but do you have ios5? If so, you can install the Icloud program on your laptop, and you will find a folder called Photo Stream on your computer, and one called Upload. You can put the pics you got from the backup extractor into the Upload folder, and they will show up in the photo stream on her phone. From her phone, she can go in the photo stream and save them to her camera roll...

3. PharmDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi Solange82200

Yes I have ios5 installed on her phone and I will try that tonight when I get back. Thanks for the tip and I will post an update when I get it done.

Will she have to save them one by one or can she save them all at once? Thanks.

4. AppleTX67 macrumors newbie

Camera Roll - Photo question

I too, just had to replace my iPhone 4, I backed up and synced my phone before I went into the store, they ended up giving me a new replacement phone. I came home to back up my stored info to the new iPhone and had to update the software on it first, then back it up, I lost ALL of my camera roll photos. They guy (mac genius) told me I would have everything saved on my hard drive if I backed up my phone and I did. Now granted, I'm technically challenged. HOW do i find all of my cameral roll photos?? I want them back. PLUS I had two private pw albums and he told me those would be saved too and they are both empty. Where and how do I get my backed up photos??
    Thanks
    AppleTX67

5. PharmDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi

I used a program called iPhone backup extractor. I will post more when I come home from work tonight.

6. AppleTX67 macrumors newbie

Someone pointed me to picturescueapp.com and it worked and was worth the $4.99 app. I have been searching all freaking day long on my hard drive for these pics. Ahhhhhh I am SO very happy!!!!

7. PharmDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. I found the pictures using the other program. I was just having some issues getting the pics back on the phone. Were you able to do that?