Photo Maintenance and Duplicate Photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sstevens, Jan 20, 2014.

1. sstevens macrumors member

I use photo editing apps like Snapseed, VSCO, etc. for almost any photo I post on outside social media. I am becoming slightly annoyed and maybe this is part of some OCD tendencies but I hate having duplicates or the fact that my edited photo is in both the "Snapseed" album and also my Camera Roll. Is there a way to make my Camera Roll strictly "Original Photos" and to have all my edited photos saved to their proper App Album? They do so anyway but I also have the edited photo saved into my Camera Roll... (example: I edit a photo I took last week but have taken numerous photos since then...then I edit it in an app and save it to photo library...now I have the edited photo in my Camera Roll and in the App Album inside the Photos app...if I try to delete it from my Camera Roll, it deletes it from the app)

I'd like to have all edited photos I have inside their proper albums and my Camera Roll to be strictly the Raw photo prior to editing. I know it does this already in a sense but once a photo is saved elsewhere and I want to remove it from the camera roll, it shouldnt be deleted EVERYWHERE.

Any advice?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Jailbreak.

Seriously. What you are experiencing is the stock experience that Apple has decreed to be the norm. Unless you jailbreak and install a tweak to modify this behavior then you are stuck with the stock behavior.

Apple sees albums as nothing more than pointers to photos already in your camera roll. They aren't actual albums per se. Thus, you have the "pointer" to the original and the original.