Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
I was using iTunes and iPhoto long before I got my 6+. So I had put all my photos into Albums on my iMac and then into iPhoto. All done before I got the iPhone. I then synced to iPhone, but don't remember how. iphoto/iTunes? Either way the albums got there in Alpha/Numeric order, Dates first then Alpha. Of course Camera Roll and the other albums like Photo Stream, Events, Faces stayed first on list. Since then I have added some folders and apps like Instagram added some. I have been using TunesGo Retro to manage most of new pics. I still keep order correct in iPhoto and Dropbox.

My problem is not getting a pic into a folder, I can do that with TunesGo. But, getting ALL the albums back in order Alpha/Numeric. The new folders added since I got the phone can be moved around and added to. As with any new pics taken with iPhone. But, they are all below the albums that I first put there and were not taken by the iPhone.

But, I can't do anything with those albums, the ones put there thru iPhoto and my iMac. They are all greyed out. You can't add to the album or move a newer album up into them to keep Alpha/Numeric sequence. Like my new 2015 album which is not greyed out cannot be moved up under 2014. Only deleted as is the case with the albums added by Instagram/PhotoGrid/Kimiko etc.

I am assuming this is the way it is, unless the ones I first put on phone and not taken by phone are corrupted. Or, it has something to do with the "only a pointer" stuff I read. I guess I could get a separate Photo Manager or maybe iTunes Match will give me more leeway in iCloud.

If I resync all Albums/Photos thru iTunes or even just Albums which seem to have correct order from iPhoto, will that put all Albums in the order shown in Tunes sync screen. Will the original Albums not be greyed out then.

I hope this makes some sense and it all seems very "not' user friendly. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.