Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
This Heron was talking to me while I was taking this photo. "Make sure you get my good side..." might have been what he said...

DSC04521-XL.jpg

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK

Lol, well spotted. I had to look up what Bile Beans were. Looks as though someone's maintaining the sign for the benefit of us photographers. :)

Thanks AFB. A safari in Africa is a nice goal to have and is wonderful to think about.

For me, the experience went far beyond photography. Sleeping in a tent in the middle of the Serengeti with Hyenas barking at the edge of the camp and lions roaring in the distance left an impression that I'll never forget.

~ Peter

Green Vervet Monkey, Tarangire

D5X_7563-XL.jpg

That's a beautiful capture. It looks as though you could reach out and touch him. :)

Thanks AFB :)

One more variation on the same theme. I've mostly been shooting this scene with ultra wides to take advantage of the perspective distortion of all the converging lines in a grocery store aisle. Took this one with a 50mm lens for a more "normal" perspective.

28157533093_70ff640cb6_b.jpg

I like the soft focus on this one. I can't look at those movement photos for long, though I do like them. It'd be interesting to see a movement one taken with this lens. :)

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
with some success I'd say. impressive bug!
Thanks . I've been told that they're some sort of beetle . Not real uncommon if you look in the right places but sure seem exotic given their coloration. Actually , I'm kinda surprised I got any good images at all from this outing ; my ring light's batteries finally died , so I was reduced to bumping up the ISO some , setting the shutter to continuous/high , and using the time honored technique of spray n' pray , hoping one from the series would be good . Think I'll have time next week to go out again , but this time with new batteries .

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Got tired of trying to get my lawnmower to start , so went out bug hunting ...

bug1%20orange1280c.jpg

7D2 , 100/2.8 , f8@1/80 , iso 400
Sometimes spray and pray will work. Nice.
I was on an owl shoot last night, and I don't think I've ever shot so many pictures. But those things are hard to lock onto when they are moving. I'll start the culling process later.
[doublepost=1470557083][/doublepost]
just got back from the Wind Rivers in Wyoming. here is a shot from Fremont Peak, in the Titcomb Basin. View attachment 643835
Beautiful.

Reactions: someoldguy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.