Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Hello all! I'm still slaving away but there is an end in sight!

Dreaming back to a more relaxing time.

As always, comments appreciated.

Flo In France
by acearchie, on Flickr

----------

Found this little fella at the back of a cupboard today, so I bought some batteries and a cheap roll of film to see if it is in working order. I haven't used it since 2001 when I had no clue about photography (some would say that's still the case). Will be interesting to see if I can apply what I've learned using it's digital cousins and whether I can produce better pictures with it than I did back then.

I'm sure you have. Of course the trick is finding somewhere decent to develop the film theses days.

Keep film alive! Go for it!

On the off chance that you're near or someone finds this post through Google, I'd highly recommend Chan Photo Imaging near Old Street Roundabout in London.

My local lab has just closed down to film (Genie Imaging) so I've had to make the transition. Really great bunch of guys!

If you ever take anything that you want to make sure gets processed and scanned properly send it on to them!

Regardless of the ease of use and benefits of digital, I still find film more fun. It's carefree and makes the whole process more enjoyable!

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
I've been driving past this place once or twice a month for maybe 40-45 years . At the start , it was a functioning church , with a congregation drawn , I guess , from the surrounding , pretty rural , area . About 30 or so years back , the whole area was acquired for watershed and parkland expansion , and the church shut down and many of the surrounding houses were abandoned . Anyway , I thought it'd be a good subject for one month of a calendar that I do annually in lieu of Christmas cards . I posted another image of this place a week or so ago , shot from the road , but wasn't happy with it so this time I went back with some footwear that was more appropriate for knee deep snow , and a 17-40 .

oldchurch2912.jpg

5D2 , 17-40@21 , f8@1/125 , ISO 100

(Remember Lieu ? Ralph's brother ? Real bad Speller?)

Last edited:

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Taken handheld with a beer in me. Thought the colour of the clouds thanks to the moon were interesting/awesome!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1423418316966.jpg
    FB_IMG_1423418316966.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 109

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
I've been away from here for a while... Over the past year+ I've had a couple of job changes (one forced, then another by choice), and it has taken away from time I had to browse and post here as well as my available photography time. I hope I have more time now to stop by and enjoy the images and share again.

Here's one for where I wish I could be right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.