Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Will do. DSLR is small enough to carry everywhere with a 50mm lens despite what some of the wimps on here tell you ;)

I am one of those wimps!

Tell me what it is like, tell me where you go I might get make it there in November. My bro in law has a place in Malibu now... Saw pictures of it and if I didnt like him so much I could happily hate him for it!

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
A long exposure from the city on Sunday. Unfortunately the weather gods didn't play nicely for me and put on too thick a cloud cover for what I envisioned.

_MG_4955-X3.jpg

Puerto King

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2016
A long exposure from the city on Sunday. Unfortunately the weather gods didn't play nicely for me and put on too thick a cloud cover for what I envisioned.

_MG_4955-X3.jpg
I really like this! As a newbie, can you tell me what the long exposure does here? Is it mainly the clouds or are there other effects in the photo too? Again, very cool.

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
I really like this! As a newbie, can you tell me what the long exposure does here? Is it mainly the clouds or are there other effects in the photo too? Again, very cool.
For me, it's all about the blurring of the clouds as a contrast to the in focus scene, and then I alter the image in post-production to give it a more dreamy appearance.

Edit- It also has the added benefit of making people disappear, unless they stay still for the duration of the shot.

Reactions: Puerto King

Puerto King

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2016
For me, it's all about the blurring of the clouds as a contrast to the in focus scene, and then I alter the image in post-production to give it a more dreamy appearance.

Edit- It also has the added benefit of making people disappear, unless they stay still for the duration of the shot.
That's so cool - are you saying there were actually people walking when you took it?

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Still worked mate.

Sorry I thought I had the weather gods occupied here in Scotland for you. They have been practicing raining on the parade for the past few days!
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Sorry to hear that your parade has been rained on so much, I thought you folks were in mid-summer over there! ;)

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
B&W treatment of the other photo. I like how this one came out more than the last one.

Reactions: kenoh

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
You know me, I love a panoramic and that is mega!

Right I am getting sick of now, one good photo is quite enough....let alone a whole series!

Epic set knocking it put of the park!! Well done I would be extremely pleased with any update them!

Superb colours

Looks like you had a great time in Iceland. Great series of pix, Peter.

Another keeper!

Sorry for being late getting to these but I've been way off the grid up in the Arctic the last few weeks. Thanks very much for the kind remarks...much appreciated.

~ Peter

Reactions: fcortese
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.