Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
DSC00761.jpg

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Red gel placed over the light source? Very cool image!
Now you're showing your vintage, Clix! The kiddies will have no idea what gels are! This is similar but different, it is achieved electronically with LED's where you can manifest any colour and intensity of illumination combination that your heart desires.

Quoth me:
a little portable LED panel [Falconeyes F7 150x80mm/6x3"]

Last edited:

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Now you're showing your vintage, Clix! The kiddies will have no idea what gels are! This is similar but different, it is achieved electronically with LED's where you can manifest any colour and intensity of illumination combination that your heart desires.

Quoth me:

That's really cool, as sometimes it would be a lot easier to just use the colored LEDs to get exactly the color you want without fiddling with gels..... I have a couple of LED panels but they aren't in multiple colors, they are just strictly daylight or natural lighting. I wouldn't toss out my gels but this is a nice option to know about. Thanks!

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
That's really cool, as sometimes it would be a lot easier to just use the colored LEDs to get exactly the color you want without fiddling with gels..... I have a couple of LED panels but they aren't in multiple colors, they are just strictly daylight or natural lighting. I wouldn't toss out my gels but this is a nice option to know about. Thanks!
It's also a lot cooler to touch, lighter, smaller, can be powered by USB-C power packs, has inbuilt lighting effects like lightning, ambulance, TV, party... Oh & it's a constant light, so makes life far easier to meter the scenario properly! :)

Reactions: Clix Pix

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Decided to take a couple of photos of the crab apple flowers in my backyard, and I see a dead bee with its head stuck in a flower. I shook the flower a little so the beed could drop to the ground; that's when I realized that the dead bee was being held in place by a spider. By the looks of it, the spider has been feeding for some time now.
i-mCHZtfC-L.jpg

keyrex

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2012
U.K.
Decided to take a couple of photos of the crab apple flowers in my backyard, and I see a dead bee with its head stuck in a flower. I shook the flower a little so the beed could drop to the ground; that's when I realized that the dead bee was being held in place by a spider. By the looks of it, the spider has been feeding for some time now.
i-mCHZtfC-L.jpg

Thats an awesome photo, great shot. Well done. Luck always has a part to play.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
It's also a lot cooler to touch, lighter, smaller, can be powered by USB-C power packs, has inbuilt lighting effects like lightning, ambulance, TV, party... Oh & it's a constant light, so makes life far easier to meter the scenario properly! :)

I like shooting with constant lighting for my tabletops/closeups/macros....easier then to adjust the shadows and highlights, the angles of the subject, etc., and see what I'm doing. Aside from that I haven't yet gotten around to buying any sort of proper lighting except my small LED panels, as I already had some lighting. I don't really like flash units and strobe lighting. Right now my priority is still in choosing and purchasing lenses as the particular need arises, and then after that I'll focus more on lighting. All that said, this thing sounds really cool and I might just be tempted.....

• Love
Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.