Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
White Heron on the top of a shack on the pier.

DSC01043-XL.jpg

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Been without a critter for about 8 months. Yesterday my wife "visited" the Humane Society and rescued this guy. "Zebedee" or "Zeb". What a surprise. He seems to be fitting in famously. Wife is out running errands today, she said she might be making another trip to bring back a sibling. The surprises never cease. Cell phone snap as Zeb was asleep in my arm.

40577540232_a1921bbb0e_h.jpg

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
My most successful Cairn build yet! This one is a bit over a metre high! Built and photographed by me on one of the Happy Snapper sessions last week.

Apologies for posting two images in the Photo Of The Day thread... Some people... :rolleyes:

40590021321_bbac2c5ef9_o.jpg

Sony ⍺100, Sony 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6, Aperture Priority, Pattern Metering
ISO 100, 28mm, f/4.5, 1/1000

_1100617.jpg

[doublepost=1520200255][/doublepost]
View attachment 753224 hi all,

one shot from today, no major edit, color or otherwise, apart from the rotation.
will re-upload once fully edited.
Been watching Flashdance again, Patrick?

Been without a critter for about 8 months. Yesterday my wife "visited" the Humane Society and rescued this guy. "Zebedee" or "Zeb". What a surprise. He seems to be fitting in famously. Wife is out running errands today, she said she might be making another trip to bring back a sibling. The surprises never cease. Cell phone snap as Zeb was asleep in my arm.

That's gorgeous! I'm holding out for a Mastiff as my cat replacement after my feline companion of 17 years shuffled off in September of last year... Problem is, the doggy-door is too small and the rest of the commune (family) have a thing against large dogs and excessive amounts of slobber for some reason.. Might have to go with my second favourite dog breed, a Mini-Schnauzer!

Last edited:

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

I like these Lego dioramas. I follow someone on Flickr who does fantastic images with lego - Jooka5000.

I also followed someone else who built these amazing Lego ships... but he changed his style to shooting fetish p0rn so had to stop following him as Mrs Kenoh saw some of the images and got the wrong idea... - Tip... as a photographer please choose your themes and stick to them.... ladies with their kit off OR amazing landscapes.... pls don't do both... :mad: Happy to enjoy beautiful vistas but not leather and chains in the queue at the post office you dig?

Funny story. I follow the Bad Guy on Flickr too. A few months ago, he posted a tasteful picture of a topless lady. I sat on the sofa shortly after with my eldest sat beside me. Turned on my phone and loaded Flickr. Up came the activity feed and yes! first image in the feed, The Bad Guy's picture. To which my darling daughter buried me by saying out loud "mum, dad's looking at boobs on his phone"... Framed, hung, drawn, quartered... so not lived that one down yet... innocent victim... :(

Sorry off on a tangent there... where was I? oh yes... Nice image.

Last edited:

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
This is beautiful Molly and it has a really nice Easter look and feel. Well done!

Ya just gotta love rescued animals and the people doing the rescues and adoptions. :) :cool: :)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I like these Lego dioramas. I follow someone on Flickr who does fantastic images with lego - Jooka5000.

I also followed someone else who built these amazing Lego ships... but he changed his style to shooting fetish p0rn so had to stop following him as Mrs Kenoh saw some of the images and got the wrong idea... - Tip... as a photographer please choose your themes and stick to them.... ladies with their kit off OR amazing landscapes.... pls don't do both... :mad: Happy to enjoy beautiful vistas but not leather and chains in the queue at the post office you dig?

Funny story. I follow the Bad Guy on Flickr too. A few months ago, he posted a tasteful picture of a topless lady. I sat on the sofa shortly after with my eldest sat beside me. Turned on my phone and loaded Flickr. Up came the activity feed and yes! first image in the feed, The Bad Guy's picture. To which my darling daughter buried me by saying out loud "mum, dad's looking at boobs on his phone"... Framed, hung, drawn, quartered... so not lived that one down yet... innocent victim... :(

Sorry off on a tangent there... where was I? oh yes... Nice image.
Lol. Made me smile on a cold depressing Monday morning!
[doublepost=1520253599][/doublepost]
2bb4ab759eed174b9a8f9bfc39e1a4e7.jpg

none shall pass!
Nice.

Reactions: mollyc

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
My most successful Cairn build yet! This one is a bit over a metre high! Built and photographed by me on one of the Happy Snapper sessions last week.

Apologies for posting two images in the Photo Of The Day thread... Some people... :rolleyes:

View attachment 753240

View attachment 753239

That's gorgeous! I'm holding out for a Mastiff as my cat replacement after my feline companion of 17 years shuffled off in September of last year... Problem is, the doggy-door is too small and the rest of the commune (family) have a thing against large dogs and excessive amounts of slobber for some reason.. Might have to go with my second favourite dog breed, a Mini-Schnauzer!

Excellent Zen master stone stacking!

Fantastic that people on here are rescue first.. So many poor little things need help. I hate people who make a living from selling puppies that end up being destroyed because people get them without thinking about it.

Mini Schnauzers are lovely. I had the pleasure of travelling alongside not one but two of them when I went to see my dad at Christmas last.

L1005618.jpg
L1005619.jpg

[doublepost=1520254231][/doublepost]
Church of Litchfield Park

Beautiful tones and composition... you should post more often... no really, you should

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Not your usual subject matter. That rotation messed with my head.

rotations are my usual subject matter :D

View attachment 753240

View attachment 753239

nice stack!
funny thing, I mentioned flashdance in that instance during the shoot

it was quite a fruitful session with a distinct variety of visual results, will be gettin' on with me spammin' the next few days

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.