Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
Somewhere on the shore.
E852A1DB-E890-4845-8959-35B702CE7639.jpeg

keyrex

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2012
U.K.
OK, your new assignment is to get a photo of the "mating wheel".;) What camera do you use?

Assigment completed.
Mating wheel.jpg

Here you can see the 'mating wheel' in action. Moments later, off she went to oviposit her eggs in the pond, with him still attached. I'm not sure if the male here is having a bit of lunch whilst doing the business, he was quite happily hanging with the leaf in his mouth. Guess he was enjoying cake whilst eating it too!
Comments appreciated.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Assigment completed.
View attachment 918523
Here you can see the 'mating wheel' in action. Moments later, off she went to oviposit her eggs in the pond, with him still attached. I'm not sure if the male here is having a bit of lunch whilst doing the business, he was quite happily hanging with the leaf in his mouth. Guess he was enjoying cake whilst eating it too!
Comments appreciated.
A+ You graduate top of the class!

Reactions: keyrex

keyrex

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2012
U.K.
I kid, I kid. Though I do recall from college one of my buddies took an advanced chemistry class where the average was indeed an F, and it was considered normal. And to that, I say...cute tiny chipmunk:

I teach maths and 'F' is the average in my classes. ALL of my students have previously failed, its my job to teach them in 12 months what they havent learnt in 12 years - easy!

Reactions: Darmok N Jalad

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
View attachment 918770
My first try with a real camera instead of an iPhone. :)
Not too impressive, but I'm still learning.

Canon Rebel T1i
f/5.6
Have to start somewhere. Shoot, shoot, evaluate results, shoot, shoot, evaluate and learn... Easy and inexpensive these days with digital. Quite pricey in the past with film development costs. Enjoy your new approach :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.