Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
You can pick up nice things in Atlanta to.
That's where I met Mrs AFB!

Lol I know. Got an alarm set to remind me to get a picture for you - Centennial Park and I also have a Mrs Kenoh.... So picking up a Mrs/Miss/Ms aint something I am shopping for... Anyway, I would need Mrs Kenoh to tell me the one I want so , no, that wont work... :)

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Oh man look at those colours! Cant wait to get over there but i have to go to Munich first for a couple of days, then home for two then off to the states! My wife is loving me right now!
In the interest of full disclosure , here's how this was processed in ACR ..... Lens correction as for 35 Summarit 2.5 ;
Didn't mess with any of the color sliders . Increased contrast , saturation , vibrance , clarity all about 10% . Cloned out the usual spots in the sky ( You know , dust , chunks of blue ice falling from aircraft,that sort of thing). White Balance = daylight (shot with AWB , changed in post.)

No guarantees these leaves will still look good , or even be on the trees . YMMV

Reactions: kenoh

keyrex

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2012
U.K.
Lots to enjoy, including the brown leaves top left and green leaves bottom right. They act as a kind of frame...
Thanks, the fog helped to add to the scene, I took the same photo, or similar, the day before and it didn't work so I was please with this result.

Rowbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Gatineau, PQ, Canada
NY_2015_23_Octobre-379-HDR-L.jpg

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I love the GAS enablers on here :)

Seriously though..... you should really get an M9 ;)

I have to say. Something has stopped me pulling the trigger on an M. A hesitance to commit, a fear of the unknown.

Having had my grubbys on an M9 for a little under a week now, I am starting to get the hang of it. There are some scenes where my lack of skills have me reaching for my Sony but these are very definately a case of me running home to mamma. Relying on tech to bridge the gap in my shortcomings.

The rest of the time, the other 99.5% of the time so far, I have neglected my Sony in preference to the M9.

I have wondered what the attraction was. I was a sceptic about this 2+2 equals 5 lark as regards Leica on Leica. Right up until I strapped my 50 Summilux on the M9. A lens that I adore on my Sony, that I thought just couldnt get any better. Then I see it combined with the M sensor and I find myself sat in wonder the same as the day I first put it on my Sony.

I find the whole shooting experience a thing of pleasure no idea why.

The thing is the only way I can explain it is this...

For years and years, I struggled mentally to understand what it was that gave a bond between me, an only child, and my two uncles who I rarely saw growing up. I couldnt understand how they had such strong feelings for me. Then came my first niece from my sister in law. Having held my niece for the first time, I got it. I understood the question I had been asking for years.

The answer ?

It just IS that way. No reasons needed, it just is.

Shooting the M9, why is it a nicer experience? Why is it that the images are so wonderful yet on paper, in a lab, it would be technically lacking today?

The answer really is this simple...

It just IS...

I have to say, I lika the Leica and I am now an M shooter. I will augment with my Sony but only when I cant get the shot with the M.

There are a lot of skint years in my future!

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Time to rub some more salt into the wound.....
the%20lake21024.jpg

This guy's got the right idea.... make the kids row the boat .

Taken at The Lake in Central Park . I've always had bad luck with this place . It tends to have algae blooms which turn the water a lurid green . Bit of algae around the edges but not bad yesterday . Shot using AWB and left there . Daylight boosted up the green in the lake too much . Taken from Bow Bridge.

M9 , 28/2.8ZM ,f6.7@1/250 , ISO 200

oblomow

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
the%20lake21024.jpg

Taken at The Lake in Central Park . I've always had bad luck with this place . It tends to have algae blooms which turn the water a lurid green . Bit of algae around the edges but not bad yesterday . Shot using AWB and left there . Daylight boosted up the green in the lake too much . Taken from Bow Bridge.

I like it.

the M9 really makes it shine! :) ( if I had money burning a hole in my pocket AND planned a trip to NYC then...)

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
I have to say. Something has stopped me pulling the trigger on an M. A hesitance to commit, a fear of the unknown.

Having had my grubbys on an M9 for a little under a week now, I am starting to get the hang of it. There are some scenes where my lack of skills have me reaching for my Sony but these are very definately a case of me running home to mamma. Relying on tech to bridge the gap in my shortcomings.

The rest of the time, the other 99.5% of the time so far, I have neglected my Sony in preference to the M9.

I have wondered what the attraction was. I was a sceptic about this 2+2 equals 5 lark as regards Leica on Leica. Right up until I strapped my 50 Summilux on the M9. A lens that I adore on my Sony, that I thought just couldnt get any better. Then I see it combined with the M sensor and I find myself sat in wonder the same as the day I first put it on my Sony.

I find the whole shooting experience a thing of pleasure no idea why.

The thing is the only way I can explain it is this...

For years and years, I struggled mentally to understand what it was that gave a bond between me, an only child, and my two uncles who I rarely saw growing up. I couldnt understand how they had such strong feelings for me. Then came my first niece from my sister in law. Having held my niece for the first time, I got it. I understood the question I had been asking for years.

The answer ?

It just IS that way. No reasons needed, it just is.

Shooting the M9, why is it a nicer experience? Why is it that the images are so wonderful yet on paper, in a lab, it would be technically lacking today?

The answer really is this simple...

It just IS...

I have to say, I lika the Leica and I am now an M shooter. I will augment with my Sony but only when I cant get the shot with the M.

There are a lot of skint years in my future!

Post a photo of said Leica... so we can get our droolies out!

Reactions: Hughmac

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
the%20lake21024.jpg

Lol... Keep going... I can take the pain... :)

Reactions: oblomow

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Post a photo of said Leica... so we can get our droolies out!
Here you go...

Note the cheap lens cap .. I cant afford to swap a Leica one everytime I lose one... So first thing i do is swap it for generic one... Better to replace £3.99 than £35!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20151103_174441.jpg
    IMG_20151103_174441.jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 140

kelub

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
22543067461_e617e46e32_k.jpg

Wife and I took a trip the weekend before last to Boston & visited Salem, New Bedford, and then cut over to Newport, RI where I took this shot overlooking the harbor.

She recreates the scene as it would be in the 21st century: a woman instead of a man, jeans instead of bloomers, and cell phone in hand in lieu of a paper map. Ponytail is still a requirement, however.

Canon 70D | 18mm | f/3.5 | 1/500 | ISO 100

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.