Photo of the Day September 2017

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Susurs, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Susurs, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017

Susurs macrumors 6502a

Susurs

It's September on the International Dateline. :)

Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the "+ (Multi-Quote) button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post to maintain all the formatting.

** To see all of our past POTD threads please see the sticky thread here**

IMG_2762.jpg

Cheers :)

J.

2. Foogoofish macrumors regular

Foogoofish

How is it September already??! This is the last one from the set of beach Bank Holiday weekend shots, taken as the cove comes around to close in the bay.

[​IMG]Lulworth Silhouettes, Dorset by George Harkins, on Flickr

3. anotherscotsman macrumors 68000

4. Susurs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Susurs

Eh, the time runs so fast lately... Don't know is it just me or...It feels it was spring just a moment ago... :)

5. Foogoofish macrumors regular

Foogoofish

Yeah, it's the classic UK thing for me of endless winter and a 2 month summer. Oh well, the clocks will be changing soon - then it will really feel like the year has gone!

6. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

Photographically, my Irish jaunt has barely begun. Getting a few stock pix, but nothing special.

Staigue Fort, dating from the early years AD...

[​IMG]

7. stillcrazyman macrumors 68020

stillcrazyman

8. mollyc macrumors 68000

Birthday cake anyone?

I'm a fairly decent (aka pretty good) baker. A so-so cake decorator (I stick with relatively easy things which ups my odds). And a wretched food photographer. o_O Anyway, my husband turned 50 yesterday.

FB_August_31_2017_001.jpg

9. yogeewan macrumors regular

Posted it in the August thread! Thank you @akash.nu for reminding me its September already!

_YOG0837.jpg

10. DesterWallaboo macrumors 6502a

DesterWallaboo

I shot this photo a few years ago when my wife gifted me a flight on board a B-17. We woke that morning to torrential rain. It poured our entire way to the airport. It was raining so hard when we arrived that they weren't certain if they would be allowed to fly the plane that day. About 60 minutes later the storm broke up. While waiting for the flight they let me climb around inside the B-17. I shot this in the cockpit. Unfortunately, because of the rain and humidity, the windows were completely fogged over. So I ended up compositing another shot into the windshield of the aircraft. I was surprised how much the plane leaked inside. There was water everywhere from the rainstorm. The pilots said that is just how those old planes are like. If you look carefully you can see some water on the center console.

Canon 5D III
    Canon 14mm 2.8L

[​IMG]

11. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

I'll PM you my address!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 1, 2017 ---
    I'd have never guessed it was a composite job. Nice work. Nice gift as well.

12. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

A robin in the garden.
    [​IMG]_DSC0787 by apple fanboy1, on Flickr
    Shot through the kitchen window. It was quite dark in the bushes as it was cloudy.

13. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Great shot! More aviation photos....helicopters would be appreciated:). Going to have to get my wife to read this, I'd like a ride in a glider. Please let your wife know that she done good, real good. Who says it's hard to shop for guys. You know, that and Mollyc's cake....purrrrrrrfect.

14. themumu macrumors 6502a

themumu

Feeling all nostalgic for the Great White North.

[​IMG]

Iqaluit, Nunavut. Last September.

15. oblomow macrumors 68030

oblomow

16. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

17. anotherscotsman macrumors 68000

18. Shark5150 macrumors 65816

Shark5150

19. someoldguy macrumors 68000

plumeria1a8511.jpg Plumeria in the driveway .....

5D2 ,24-105@105 , f11@1/20 , ISO 400