photo organization like ANDROID??? How ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by urbantea, Nov 2, 2014.

1. urbantea macrumors member

With android phones, all the photos are automatically organized in different folders... camera (ones i take), Whats app (chatting thing, where poeple send me pics), instagram ones, etc.

But in IPHONE, its all in CAMERA or the "moments".

How can i make it like android? Is there an app that does this, or a jailbreak hack?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

There are at least two different Jailbreak tweaks that do this. Neither is "automatic". You have to create your own folders, but at least it gives you the option.

The one I use is PhotoAlbums+. However, understand that the jailbreak for iOS 8 was only just publicly released on Friday (Halloween). It's been in testing all of last week and there may still be bugs.

And you'll need to wait for the devs to update their apps. So, far, I don't believe PhotoAlbums+ has been updated for iOS 8.

http://www.photoalbumsplus.net/
    [​IMG]

3. urbantea thread starter macrumors member

I get a lot of pics in whats app. Does that program allow me to create a whats app folder and then, all pictures from then on, will automatically go to that whats app folder after i program it?

OR do i have to keep selecting the pics and moving it myself??

4. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

5. urbantea thread starter macrumors member

When you are on chat clients liek we chat, line, whats app- and all the pics from others go into your camera folder, its quite annoying actually.

6. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

lol that's an interesting way of putting it indeed.

7. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

That is so true. I remember when I switched over from Windows to Mac. I felt the same way. Although I like iOS, some of the ways we have do things through iTunes makes it not very intuitive if you ask me.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You have to keep selecting them and moving them yourself. PhotoAlbums+ and the other tweaks simply make it possible to make albums and move photos.

I know that isn't what you're looking for, but stock iOS cannot even do that.

9. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Apps do this already, if they don't you should submit it as a feature request. In my Photos app, in Albums view, I already have an Instagram and Deko album of photos created from those apps.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you can make albums with stock iOS

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OK. But can you move photos to an album with stock iOS? That is, move them to an album and they are removed from the camera roll.

12. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

no i believe when you create a new folder and move a picture to it .. it is in the new folder as well as the camera roll

13. goknicks macrumors member

what I would really hope is, somewhere down the line, you can back up and restore your albums to a new/other device....

14. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thats correct

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's what I thought. PhotoAlbums+ and a few other jailbreak tweaks make this possible (actual moving, not just creating a pointer to the photo in the camera roll).

16. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

yea i know .. when i was jailbroken i loved photoalbums+ .. miss it .. i really wish iOS would do the same and not duplicate the picture in two folders