Photo Organizing Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LD Curb, Dec 13, 2015.

1. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

Even though I am a long-time user of the iPhone and iPad, I just recently got a MacBook Pro. I am really enjoying using it except for one thing. While I think that it is a far better user experience than my former Windows computer, there is one area where it is lacking and that is in the Photos app.

I use my photos for work. When shooting from home I will then send my boss a few images for him to choose the one he likes and wants me to edit in Photoshop Elements (14). I am used to Windows where I can differentiate among images easily because the image number is a caption under each photo.

With Photos, I can find the image number if I click on the image and look at the metadata, but obviously that is not as handy as having the image number appear with the image.

QUESTIONS: (1) Is there a way for the image number to show under the image and if not; (2) Is there an image organizing app that you recommend that does have this feature.

Many thanks!

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

1. From my searching, no you can't. A lot of people are unhappy about this.
    2. Since you're used to Adobe, look at LightRoom.

3. LD Curb thread starter macrumors regular

LD Curb

Thanks so much for your reply. I will indeed look at Lightroom. This issue is the only one where Windows really does a better job. Their "Pictures" app works so well. This isn't a deal breaker for Mac but it sure is surprising that they would not understand how people use the Photos app.

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I use Aperture (no longer available in the App Store) but will have to move in the future dues to it being sunsetted. Hopefully by the time I move off, Photos will have improved adequately and will have more plug-ins available.