Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g^3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
hi, i was wondering if anyone knows of good photo organizing software. i've tried to use iphoto but it keeps on freezing or taking forever to load. also iphoto has completely sabotaged my manual attempts to organize by putting pics in lots of lil' folders, now i can't find anything. please help

g^3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
the extensis looks good, but a little expensive. does anyone know of less expensive alternatives. thanks for your help

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
g^3 said:
the extensis looks good, but a little expensive. does anyone know of less expensive alternatives. thanks for your help

I use Portfolio but you might want to try this

http://www.mediadex.com/us/index.htm

It was the single user version of Canto Cumulus, now it became Mediadex. I have no idea how good it is but it is cheaper than Portfolio.

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
Extensis portfolio is more suited in my opinion for those who work with photos (photographers, artist, media people). It's basically a workflow app more than anything. It does have the capability you want, it's just that you'd be paying for a whole lot more.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
If iPhoto didn't do drop ins to Mail where you can alter there quality, the Book option, and slideshow/screensavers i'd drop it in a heart beat. It murders my ram and basically any process or application i am running. It's hard to alter pictures and it keeps copies of files that i edit. If a picture was taken sideways and i straighten it why do i ever care to keep the old and new copy it wastes space. I hope in new releases they really let you manipulate the behind the scenes picture handling more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.