Photo Paper

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Patybug, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Patybug macrumors newbie

I have just bought my Imac and am so excited with it, I have also bought Photoshop, I have to take samples of my work into college so print my work on an epsom printer. Now i am trying to print to epsom via my Imac i cannot find where the select type of paper menu is, sorry to appear thick but I am new to the mac world. Please help

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

Printing from Photoshop is a, um, speciality in itself. And Adobe has some good tutorials on their website. While you are working this out... and it can be frustrating....

If perfect prints are not required (at least not yet).....

Open the file in Preview and print from there. Just pick the closest type of paper (glossy, matte, etc) and the results will probably be pretty good.

I've got an Epson 3800 printer. To do a "proper" print I need to... (and not necessarily in this order)

1) Turn colour management on in Photoshop
    2) Turn colour management off in the printer dialogue
    3) Pick the correct Epson paper from non-intuitive acronyms (I mean, would you guess PSPP = Epson Semi-Gloss?
    4) Pick the right paper size, and then the correct paper source (the 3800 can accept paper from 3 different slots!!)
    5) Remember to open the output tray.

Part of the challenge is that you have to set some settings in both Photoshop and the printer dialogue.

Wait until you need to start downloading ICC profiles for non-Epson papers. :eek: Then the fun starts again!

This is not to scare you. If I could figure it out, you can... it's more along the lines of.... Don't commit to printing a "final good copy" from your new printer and Photoshop until you've had a chance to work with it for a while. There is a learning curve involved. There is good info on the web. You will make mistakes. Don't try and rush a print. It takes time to get it right. Remember the adage "Haste Makes Waste". Good Luck.

Preview does a fairly good job to begin with.

3. Patybug thread starter macrumors newbie

photo Paper

Thanks for your advice , I am going to give it a try, will let you know