photo previewer ( like in MS Windows)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by schmintan, Jun 25, 2007.

1. schmintan macrumors regular

I want a photo previewer like in windows. in that one you can view your photo, cycle through all photos in the folder your currently looking in and delete the ones you dont want. i find this very useful for when i have many photos and want to weed out bad ones quickly. Mac image viewer makes me open each image individually, which takes a lot of time when dealing with many photos. is there any free software that lets me do what i want. something simple and quick.

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

iPhoto

requires a paradigm shift for file organization and management, but full screen editing (and command-delete to delete the file) will do this

3. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

Doesnt preview do this?? Highlight all the photos, open with preview, and you can scroll through them in actual size and delete them.

Matt

4. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Two ways:
    Select all your photo's.
    Right Click (or Control Click) them.
    Select 'slideshow'.

Select all your photo's.
    Right Click (or Control Click) them.
    Open in Preview.

That's about as close as you'll get until Leopard.

5. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

Selecting all the photos and right click (ctrl + click) and select view slide show. This allows you a full screen slide show where you can select to import each photo into iPhoto. Doesn't let you delete files though.

6. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

you could make the icons bigger and have the window show icon preview, i use 96x96 .

also a better way is to select all pictures in a folder and then i open all at the same time with Preview, it gives you a little tray on the side and you can cycle with the arrows and delete stuff.

i used to really like the ways windows handled this but after i switched to larger icons with previews and opening large batches in Preview it is much nicer.

7. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

slideshow does not allow you to delete

preview does (to my surprise and delight!)

8. 1020 macrumors regular

9. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I do this all the time with Preview. Just select all of the photos in a folder and do command-open..Preview opens them all, you can scroll through them and drag those you don't want from the side bar (they go up in smoke...quite amusing)

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I have the icons set to 128x128 in all of my folders of photos, and when I want to browse I use the select all->right click->slideshow feature. Works pretty well, though I will admit that the photoviewer thing in XP is nice.