Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Hi everyone, title pretty much says it.

History, feel free to skip: I had the Epson R280, but tried to turn it on one day and it barely moved, then stopped. Tried it twice more with the same result, and then nothing happened. Opened it up, found a dead fuse that I replaced. Put it back together and it blew the fuse on my house and completely fried the printer's fuse (used the wrong fuse, they don't have 125V in Europe and I forgot to lower the Amps enough). Put in the right fuse, but now it doesn't do anything again.

So, in the market for a new printer. I want it to do photos, but also for just printing out papers. I don't need a fax or anything. I'd prefer to keep it around $100 (or I guess, €100). I could go up to around €200 but I'd really rather not.

Anyone have good advice on printers? Thanks in advance!

jamied95

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
If you have an iPhone/iPad, then this would work a treat, it lets you print directly to it, and has it's own e-mail address, so you can print from anywhere etc, I saw someone else had picked one up on the forums earlier today ad they were happy with it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.