Photo recovery tool

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drewc1138, Jul 15, 2010.

1. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

Hey all.

My boss accidentally deleted all the pics off of her digital camera's SD card and she's offering me $100 if I can retrieve them. There was an app I used a few years ago that was free to look at what pics it could recover, and then you paid to recover them but I can't remember what it was called.

Any suggestions?

2. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I've had good luck with one. I think the name is MediaRestore or something like that. I'll check and edit the post if I get further clarity on the name.

Edit: I think it's MediaRECOVER.

3. photogy macrumors member

there are a few out there..RescuePro is one i use. you can simply download from there web and its not expensive

you can also google photo recovery software etc...

normally, they get all (or almost all) of your pics back..but it helps if the card has not been used or played with since she erased...good luck (and what a generous boss!)

4. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Data Rescue III (I think the same company, ProSoft, also has something called "PhotoRescue", not sure).

Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery.

Of course, you'll need a card reader or a Mac with a card slot.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've used photorescue and its scary good. It recovered files off my CF card that were long deleted, not just ones that were recently removed. I was also successful in pull some photos off a corrupted CF card so I recommend it.

I haven't upgraded (or needed to use) this app in a while but when I last used it, I was blown away at how good it was.