Photo scanning stuck

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Mark359, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Mark359 macrumors newbie

IMG_2270.PNG Has anyone managed to restart the photo scanning once it's got stuck? I get this message on mine. It's been plugged in overnight twice now but still not moved.

2. AntonisCy macrumors regular

i remember seeing this message while i was restoring my library through my icloud backup but the next day it was finished.

3. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

For some odd reason. i feel that when you lock your phone..you need to be in the photos app..

But my "View People Album" button is blue, so i can continue thru
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    Exhibit A

Attached Files:

4. Mark359 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried locking within the app but makes no difference. Thanks anyway

5. elitypes macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue. It says to lock the phone and connect it to power to finish scanning, been a few days with it charging overnight and the number hasn't budged.

6. Mark359 thread starter macrumors newbie

I solved the problem....
    I got an iPhone 7 and it works on there

7. ashindnile macrumors 6502

That's an expensive solution. :D
    I had the same problem, but a hard reset fixed it.

8. tlaw81 macrumors member

Same issue here too. iPhone 7+. I've tried a few different things trying to get it to start, but it doesn't work. I know this isn't the right thread, but I'm also having an issue where my photos aren't downloading to the phone, although I've selected it to "Download Originals" in Settings. I have 30+ gigs of photos in iCloud, but only 3 gigs stored on the phone.

9. numberfour macrumors regular

numberfour

mine got stuck as well. But found that it never moved when i was connected to wifi. So had to turn off wifi for it to work (still locked and connected to charger ofc)

10. tlaw81 macrumors member

Looks like doing a hard reset fixed my issue with the photos not downloading. Hopefully it fixes the issue with not scanning faces.

11. tlaw81 macrumors member

The hard reset appears to have fixed the photo scanning issue as well. I suggest doing the same to see if it helps you too. Simple fix.

12. Mark359 thread starter macrumors newbie

I already tried hard reset and didn't work for me. The iPhone 7 was already ordered!

13. slippyr4 macrumors member

Mine stuck on 2017 remaining for 7 nights (I leave my 6S+ on charge overnight). Hard reset didn't help. It's finally started moving though, about 1800 left.

It's utterly illogical though. My iPad Air 2 did my entire library in one night.