photo sharing from the quick access camera?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by falkedup, Jun 28, 2012.

1. falkedup macrumors regular

can u do this now? like when u take a pic from the lock screen and u go to the "quick camera roll".it makes u go back the home screen first even if u don't have a password enabled. did they change this in ios 6? it's just a pain in the ass extra step

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Nope. Kinda unfortunate and it means you have to unlock and go to Photos just to do it. I guess in a way it's smart so people can't take a picture and upload it to Facebook or Twitter if they get your phone. On the other hand it's inconvenient, especially if you don't have a passcode set.

3. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Sorry, but this should absolutely unquestionably not be introduced. The implications for people being able to Facebook and Tweet pictures without knowing the passcode would be... very bad.

4. RTWG macrumors regular

RTWG

The point the original poster is making is that if the phone does NOT have a passcode set (or has one, but the timeout has not yet kicked in) then the quick-access camera slider should allow them to access their camera roll and its related operations.

5. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Maybe as an option, otherwise I would share the same concerns as The Phazer.

6. RTWG macrumors regular

RTWG

No, you're still not understanding me. We're saying that if the device isn't locked with a passcode, then it doesn't matter if the quick-access camera allows you to post to Twitter/Facebook, because any person could just swipe-to-unlock and do it from the Home Screen anyway.

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

There should be a restrictions setting for it.

----------

Yeah, that's a good point.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The reason that this is bad is that it adds incentive for people to not use a passcode.

You don't want people saying "well, I would use a passcode, but then I lose all these cool features!"

Not that it's Apple's job to protect us, but I think it would be a mistake for them to willingly introduce items into the "con" list for when you make a pro/con list for "should I use a passcode?"

9. batting1000 macrumors 604

That's a good point too. It's really a toss-up.

10. GreyOS macrumors 68030

The Camera-from-lock already behaves differently depending on whether it's passcode-locked or not. If with-passcode then you can't view photos taken before your current session; you can when locked without-passcode.

I see no reason why the Camera-from-lock-without-passcode shouldn't behave exactly the same as regular Camera. It should just be a shortcut to the Camera app!

11. falkedup thread starter macrumors regular

agreed 100%