Photo sharing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by knowram, Jul 22, 2010.

1. knowram macrumors newbie

I am sorry if this question has been asked and answered before but I have been searching for and answer for weeks. My family is spread out around the US but we would like to be able to share pictures easily. We are all mac users and have all our pictures in iPhoto. I am looking for some way to have a single repository for images even if it means we have to move away from iPhoto. I am looking for something that shows up in iPhoto like a shared library but with the ability to add photos to it. That way we could all have this same shared library set up (connected through VPN) and drag images out of it if we wanted to have them on our computer or drag images into it to share them with the rest of the fam.

Does anyone know of a way of doing this or a different application that has a feature like this? Thanks for the help.

2. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

3. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I use Dropbox for this purpose. It works very well and you can even use PixelPipe on the iPhone to upload pictures/videos uncompressed to the shared folder.

Here's a referral link if you're interested: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTg0MjA5OQ