Photo slideshow apps - losing my mind

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldCorpse, Apr 12, 2011.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

OK, I'm about to go insane with OSX - it's been freakin' 10 years and this POS OS does not have a decent slideshow app, something windows has had out of the box for ages now. Can someone please recommend a slideshow app for OS X that does not absolutely suck a$$? And please for the love of god, do not recommend that virus also known as iPhoto. TIA!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Hmmm...what do you want this slideshow to do?

3. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I would like to be able it to show the photos at any given size (full screen, half, etc.), and at a controllable, user-set intervals.

4. directbird macrumors newbie

here is some

So far there is Fotomagico, Photo2movie.

The best still is the windows program Photodex Slideshow Producer, which I run under VMware Fusion on my Imac

5. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Thanks for the suggestions. I have not revisited fotomagico in awhile, but in the past, I hated it - extremely bloated, buggy and crashy. I'd like something that can be used fast. Fotomagico was like building a rocket just to cross the street - I'd rather hop on a skateboard and lickety-split I'm there. Fast, compact and does what I need. I'll check out Photo2movie. Man, OS X sucks at such a basic thing... there are so many more options on the windows side - what shocks me, is that this is not some super complex software, but somehow the Mac universe can't hack it.

6. dj-anon macrumors member

dj-anon

You should use Windows if that is what you need.