Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prosperox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I'm a new Mac-mini user and I'm just starting to get my head around it. I've sorted most of my problems but one has me beat.

If I select all images in a picture file and right click and select "Slideshow" the images are not displayed in numerical/name order even though they are in numerical/name order in the file. Is there any way I can reconfigure the slideshow so that it shows the images in the correct sequence please?

Thanks in anticipation.

soccersquirt82

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2008
Are you using iPhoto '08? Using that app, it seems to be in order for me. I make a slideshow with nothing in it and then drag all the photos at once into the slideshow. If you are using iPhoto '08, please describe exactly what you are doing.

Prosperox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Are you using iPhoto '08? Using that app, it seems to be in order for me. I make a slideshow with nothing in it and then drag all the photos at once into the slideshow. If you are using iPhoto '08, please describe exactly what you are doing.
No I'm not using iPhoto. This is displaying the photos directly in a folder. I open the folder, Select all and click right mouse button and select "Slideshow". I'm not using iPhoto since I don't see a lot of point in having the same files on two different applications.

Prosperox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Hmmm . . . I am not seeing the Slideshow button.

Just go to any folder in your picture folder, open it, select all, click the right mouse button with the cursor over the first image and select "Slideshow".

I think that this probably the best way of viewing your images if you have a lot of picture folders as I do (stored on an EHD). Copying the images to iPhoto would be time consuming plus effectively double the amount of memory you're using to store the images.

It's not a major problem not being able to view the images in the correct order using this method, but it would be nice.

Prosperox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I don't see it either! Are you using Leopard!?

AnDy
No. It's a standard function on OSX. Click on help and search for slideshow and select "viewing images as slideshow" and it tells you how to do it. (This is how I discovered it). Unfortunatley it doesn't tell you how to configure it to show the images in order:(.

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
No. It's a standard function on OSX. Click on help and search for slideshow and select "viewing images as slideshow" and it tells you how to do it. (This is how I discovered it). Unfortunatley it doesn't tell you how to configure it to show the images in order:(.

I stand corrected! :)

G5power

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
I've encountered the same issue with the photos being out of order running slideshow on Leopard.

The ability to view photos that way is kind of frustrating since I was used to doing that quickly and easily in Windows XP on my work system.

For example if someone has pictures on a thumb drive, I don't want to import them into iPhoto. I just want to look real quickly at the pictures.

Prosperox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
The ability to view photos that way is kind of frustrating since I was used to doing that quickly and easily in Windows XP on my work system.

For example if someone has pictures on a thumb drive, I don't want to import them into iPhoto. I just want to look real quickly at the pictures.
These is my feelings exactly. I've also noticed today that if there are a lot of images in a folder they don't all show in the slideshow.

lrybal

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2007
Hey...I know what youre asking..and I too am having the same problem viewing my pictures in order in the Slideshow function...sorry I don't have a solution but I was hoping you would keep us posted if you ever get an answer.. thanks...good luck! it's wicked annoying ... i know what youre trying to do... GL ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.