Photo SlideShow Music

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by DougJrS, Feb 12, 2008.

1. DougJrS macrumors regular

Good evening!

I picked up an Apple TV this evening and so far I am pretty happy. I would like to know how to control what song or playlist is used for the music that plays durning a slide show. I was looking through the menus after I installed the update and I found how to turn the music off, but not control what selections it play.

BTW - in my settings Music is now off, and no on option is in the menu...any suggestions?

2. imlucid macrumors 6502

In the photo settings you can choose what playlist to use for slideshows.

Kevin

3. RockStarATL macrumors newbie

No, you can't. Mine is set to off also, whereas previously I could set it to on and change the playlist. Only OFF is available now. I setup one for a customer the other day, and same issue there. WTF???

4. TJM141@mac.com macrumors newbie

I think the problem is that your trying to stream both the music and pictures. If you sync both your pictures and music to the :apple:TV you can choose what playlists are played while your photos are being shown.

5. pedz macrumors regular

Just to clarify on the last post, you can only select a playlist from the computer you sync with, you don't have to actually sync the music. I sync my apple tvs with one computer but turn off syncing for everything but the photos (so i get the cool screensaver). I am able to select any playlist from that computer even though all of the music actually streams.

Peter

6. fa.ce macrumors 6502

But there's no way to associate to each slidewhow a specific music, isn't it ?
    I'd like for example to associate to
    slideshow1 music1
    and to
    slideshow2 music2
    is it possible ?