Photo Sorting Software for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JediAlejandro, Jul 13, 2015.

1. JediAlejandro, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015

JediAlejandro macrumors member

JediAlejandro

EDIT: Just realized this post is in the wrong place, but if anyone has any help regardless that would be much appreciated!

So I'll get straight into it. iTunes hates me. Every time I plug in my iPad it wipes all my most recent photos. This is due too it being set too replace them with photos contained in folders on the computer. So the simple solution is too just drag photos from my phone, into those folders and then sync. Then problem is, since upgrading to a iPhone 6 Plus from a iPhone 5, many of the photos share the same name and trying to keep them in the same folder results in the deletion of old photos it views as duplicates.

So what I am asking is, does anyone know of software which I can use to have all the photos renamed to the date taken and time taken, or something along those lines? Once on the iPad its fine, it sorts them by the date and time held within the Meta data, its just getting them there!

Alternately if anyone has another suggestion that would be great. These are all memories, you see, I don't want to lose them (I already permanently lost months of Summer photos by trying to use iCloud Photo Library. Wiped everything and I had foolishly not created a backup! I wont try that again!)

Thank you in advanced,

Alexandros.

P.S. I also have a folder (mostly videos) that do not have meta data and thus when they go on the iPad they are placed at the date they were transferred. This is really annoying and this I don't put them on. IF anyone knows a way I can add my own Metadata I would be very thankful. I can guess at most as I have pictures with Metadata to go along with them.

2. hanser macrumors regular

why don´t you just uncheck synching photos in iTunes? It is possible only to synch music, for example.

3. JediAlejandro thread starter macrumors member

JediAlejandro

But that leaves me with no photos on the iPad. I have 128Gb iPad and one reason was so I could store all my photos.

4. hanser macrumors regular

The software you are looking for is called exifrenamer, it is free.

5. JediAlejandro thread starter macrumors member

JediAlejandro

Thanks man. I'll give it a look!