Photo Stream- 1 iCloud ID, 2 Users

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by brambmanu, Sep 20, 2012.

1. brambmanu macrumors newbie

Hi,

My wife and I have been using the same iCloud ID for a long time.

With iMessages and FaceTime, even if both devices have the same iCloud ID, you can choose a different "username" or receipient. So I can do FaceTime with her, using her phone number or Yahoo mail as ID.

With Photo Stream, there is no such an option. The photos shared from her device are shared like if it is me (the account is under my name). And she cannot really share them with me so I can "like" and comment, they just appear in the Photo Stream menu without notification or anything.

Any workaround or thoughts?

Thanks!

:(

2. enigma2k macrumors regular

Photostream uses your iCloud username/password and not your Apple ID

3. brambmanu thread starter macrumors newbie

iCloud ID I meant.

I just edited the question. Any thoughts?

4. ManuCH macrumors 6502

I would suggest using the same Apple ID (for example for iTunes purchases, so you don't have to buy them twice), but to use separate iCloud IDs. That's how I do it with my partner.

This way, the personal data (address book, iMessage, Facetime, Photo Streams) are all segregated, but we still have the purchases in common.

5. brambmanu thread starter macrumors newbie

We have the same Contacts and Calendars. That's why your option wouldn't work.
    Not only we share purchases (Apple ID) but also Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks (iCloud ID).
    We still can use iMessages/FaceTime independently since you can add a different username.
    But for Photo Stream ???