Photo stream delete question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kbird1976, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Kbird1976 macrumors newbie

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and new to the ipad2. ( week old today )
    My question is when I go on the iCloud.com web site on my ipad2, why is it I can't login on there to delete my photo stream? But when I go on my hubbys netbook ,it lets me login to to delete my photo stream? can anyone answer this question please as I thought you didn't need a computer for you ipad2 anymore.

2. shandyman Suspended

the iCloud site detects whether you're on an iDevice or a computer and redirects you accordinglym like many other sites do, the logic is that you should be able to do anything the iCloud.com site does natively on the device, but deleting the stream is not one of these things. Lots of people are wanting to remove photos individually and we can't do that either.

3. 4zuresky macrumors member

just delete the photo from your iPad and in turn, photo stream will also delete that picture. I asked the people from apple and that's what they said to me.

4. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Other browsers, such as Atomic, allow you to appear as it you're using a desktop browser so you can access iCloud.com through your iPad. Have just done it pretending to be IE9.

----------

I would disregard this advice. Look at one of the numerous threads on the subject in these forums, it's only possible to reset the whole photo stream, not delete individual photos.

5. cwerdna macrumors 6502

Yep, 4zuresky is wrong. He should try it himself to confirm that doing as he suggest doesn't work, as I have.