photo stream doesn't sync every picture

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by vrillusions, Oct 14, 2011.

1. vrillusions macrumors regular

vrillusions

Could be due to general load issues right now but at one point I was taking pictures on the ipad when someone was testing out the iphone 4s. Both are on the same wireless network which has a 10 mbit upload connection. I'll take a picture, see it copied into photo stream within a minute or so but then I may or may not ever see it on the other device. Don't get any messages about not being able to send it either. Not a huge deal really but wondering if anyone else has been noticing this.

2. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Yeah its weird. I want to remove the photos that are currently in the stream. It streamed the first couple and then the last couple. It didn't even bother with the photos in the middle.

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I don't even think you can remove them, which makes no sense to me. The only way to do it is going to icloud.com and reset photo stream

4. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Oh. Maybe that will fix it and start over. Thanks!

5. Jcoz macrumors 6502

Well I think the whole point of photo stream was not to decide what to delete, but what to keep.

It only keeps them for 30 days, so they will automatically delete then if not saved to your camera roll.

6. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

30 days is a long time though. What if theres a photo taken that private to you and you want it to be streamed and deleted right away?

7. Jcoz macrumors 6502

Yah a friend of mine has the same problem. I don't think apple was really thinking about nude pictures when they designed photo stream.