Photo stream help

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Italianblend, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I am having some problems with photo stream and I am wondering if anyone can help me.

I have photostream enabled on both my iPad and iPhone. I generally take pictures on my phone and view them on the pad. Photostream works, but with some errors.

1) my iPhone's photostream folder has More pictures than my iPad's. I don't understand why my iPad would omit some pictures if they are supposed to be the same on both devices.

It's not a space issue, I've checked space under usage and I have lots of room.

2) sometimes, I can't get the photostream to download the pictures from the camera roll. It's usually automatic, and I have both devices on wifi and plugged into power. Sometimes I try to kill the photos app and restart them. This works sometimes and sometimes not.

3) Is there a limit to how many pictures you can have?

Some of the missing photos are more than a month old, and newer pictures have synced so I have no idea what to do.

Thanks for any help.

2. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Photo Stream has not had a very good reliability record unfortunately. Hope this gets cleared away with iOS 6. Try to disable and then re-enable photo stream on your iPhone (Settings > iCloud), soft-reset your iPhone and then enable photo stream again.

If that doesn't cut it, try resetting photo stream from within your iCloud account by logging in to your iCloud, clicking on your username and going to Advanced.

[​IMG]