Photo Stream Photos are Gone

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Wicked1, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

After upgrading to 8 I no longer have a photo stream collection of photos in my Photos Application, it is turned on in iCloud, but all my photos that I share across all my devices are gone? I think there are a few bugs with 8 but I do not think it is a total disaster, I just need to find out where all my photos went???

2. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

It's there, it's just merged with all your other photos. When I save or take a picture now it appears on all my devices. There just no separate photostream section.

3. jklineberry macrumors newbie

They are not there

I am getting so frustrated with everyone saying the Photo Stream pictures are still there, just arranged differently.

I had approx. 800 pictures in My Photo Stream and 250 in my Camera Roll. Those 250 are still there, arranged differently, but the 800 in My Photo Stream are NOT.

They are still in My Photo Stream on my iPad (which I did not install iOS8), but they are no where on my phone.

However, if I go to General-About, it says I still have 1,304 photos. Where the hell are they?

4. afsnyder macrumors 65816

In the decision to drop iCloud Photo Library from the final release they forgot that they got rid of most of the My Photostream UI from the photos app. I suspect a fix in the 8.0.1 update maybe? It is frustrating... since you can't delete them off iCloud anymore. If you have a device still on iOS 7.1 then manage it there for now, but it should still sync.

5. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

......aren't they in the 'Moments' section? If not, they could be in the 'Recently Added' section?

I'm gonna check this out tonight. I have my iPhone 5, still on iOS7 but my iPad 2 is now on iOS8. Gonna see if the photos in Photostream on my iPhone, are showing on the iPad, and if so, where exactly they are.

Will report back on here later on tonight.

6. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

Same thing happened to me. Instead of looking through albums, select "photos" at the bottom and they are included in "years", "collections" and "moments". I wish there was still a separate photostream section but oh well, i'm sure I will get used to it.

The nice thing about it being integrated is that if I take a picture on my ipad, it is immediately available in "Recently added". That way its integrated with the pictures I have taken on my device and I dont have to look in a separate section.

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I am glad it isn't separate. I hated having duplicate copies of my photos on my phone.

8. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Ok, so after taking a photo on my iPhone and leaving it a while to populate on the Photostream, I went back to my iPad to look for this photo, and it now appears under 'Recently Added'. All my previous Photostream pics are blended into the 'Collections' view. They are still easy to see - if you view the thumbnails in the view before the 'Year' view (otherwise they are a little small!!)

9. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Luckily for me I have everything in my ATT Locker, but this is frustrating with Apple when they release iOS but it seems they say it is ready but in reality it is not.

Next time I will not upgrade until all the kinks are worked out, also having issues with Work email thru exchange, so frustrating when I use this device as my main form of communication.