Photo stream question

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by kannesss, Dec 2, 2012.

1. kannesss macrumors 6502a

Basically I got an Apple TV. And I went and individually downloaded 1080p wallpapers for it to play on the TV. No big deal. All I want to know is, now that I added those to a photo stream album, if I delete them out of my photos, will it also delete out of the photo stream?
    I

2. kannesss thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

So I'm guessing you don't have anything local to store your photostream, ie. a Mac or PC ? Photostream picture will automatically delete after 30 days, but, if you create a shared photo album on you phone, then just point your ATV to play the shared album. I think this is what your asking to do ?

4. kannesss thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro. The iPhoto on it said it was messed up the first time I opened it, and it never worked. So I'd have to pay 15.00 for another copy and F that. Seriously? They just delete after 30 days? I'm wanting to make an album on my phone, and share it to the TV for screen savers. I can keep the pics, I have a 64 Gb, but I'd like to delete them.

5. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

6. kannesss thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok. I've already been doing that. I'm asking, on my iPhone, if I delete those pics after putting them in a photo stream album, and I delete them from my camera roll, will they erase out of the photo stream ? That's the only thing I've been wondering this time. I've had it setup on my phone since I got it, to run pics. I just want to delete them, but I can keep them since I have so much room if I need to.

7. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

If you delete photos from the camera roll on your phone they will not be deleted from photostream unless you manually delete them from photostream. It is the same the other way around.