Photo Stream was working on Windows...now not.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davidra, Apr 27, 2012.

1. davidra macrumors 6502

Not sure what happened, but about a week ago photos stopped appearing on my PC. It had been working fine for months. The photos are going to my iPad, so iCloud is getting them, but they're not going to my PC suddenly. Any suggestions? Haven't changed a thing about the computer.

2. saberz macrumors regular

You could try turning Photo stream off and back on via the settings option on your iPhone.

I stopped using Photo Stream due to similar issues (that and I don't want EVERY photo synced to my PC). I use Google Picasa + Web Albums on my iPhone and its great. Everything is synced between all devices and I can edit/manage all my photos from any device and it updates all of em on the fly. Just letting you know of an alternative.

3. davidra, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

davidra thread starter macrumors 6502

Didn't do a thing, but not surprising since it's working via iPad. For some reason iCloud is not downloading the pics to my PC, but it's downloading them to the iPad.

Another question....when a pic is taken with another app (such as Camera+ or Top Camera) or edited and saved to the Camera Roll, it then appears in Photo Stream and goes to the iPad but not to the PC....similar problem at work here, I think.

Addendum: Opened the iCloud desktop on my computer; Photo Stream is checked. However, when I click on "Options" nothing happens.

4. davidra thread starter macrumors 6502

Solved....

Uninstalled iCloud Control Panel and reinstalled. Started working right away.

5. saberz macrumors regular

Glad to see it fixed, i'll haveto meep that in mind.