Photo Stream with windows?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marksest, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Marksest macrumors newbie

Does anybody happen to know how iCloud syncs photo stream with windows? I have it enabled but I have no idea how to get it to sync with my PC. Does anybody happen to know how photo stream works on windows? Thanks.

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

3. Marksest thread starter macrumors newbie

How would I get the pictures from iCloud onto my PC? If I recall correctly you should be able to pick a folder for Photo Stream to download to or something.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

You have to download the iCloud Control Panel for Windows, check Photo Stream, then choose the folder.

It syncs with the cloud which then connects to the iCloud Control Panel on the computer.

5. Marksest thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, thank you!

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Actually it's iCloud Control Panel > check Photo Stream, click the Options button, then choose the download folder.

7. Marksest thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I figured it out, thanks!

8. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I was a windows PC user up until about a year ago. My advice to u would be...throw that windows PC in the trash and get a mac. Apple products are an ecosystem all their own. I will never own another Windows machine...EVER. I am so happy with everything working together so seamlessly. Now I have iPhone, iPad 2, apple tv, iMac, & AP Extreme. It all just works.

9. batting1000 macrumors 604

We're not all fortunate enough to afford Mac's, nor every single Apple product, unfortunately.