Photo Stream?!!! Wtf?!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by NunnOtha, Sep 21, 2012.

1. NunnOtha macrumors member

I went to add pictures to my photo Stream everything went well and then I tried to view photos from my friends but they said that they could not add to my photo stream. what is the point?! no one wants to see just my photos, we should all be able to add to the same stream right?

2. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

Should, indeed.

But as of right now it's basically a "see my album" service.

3. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I haven't used it yet myself

But wouldn't the kind of sharing you guys want put others in charge of your data usage? Or are you just supposed to get notifications that the shared album has been updated? (by someone)

4. thenamesbryce macrumors newbie

That would be a really awesome feature. It would be a lot more personal to be able to collaborate with selected friends and family. Maybe even a notification or something when someone adds a picture to the group.

5. NunnOtha thread starter macrumors member

Exactly. Knowing apple, they'll probably release it as a "magical feature" on the next big update

6. BobVB macrumors 6502a

BobVB

Turns out my friends don't like putting their actual  ID out in public view so they won't subscribe. :(

7. Brazuca macrumors regular

I guess "shared" isn't what we think it is. It just means that I "shared" it with you, not that "we share it".

disappointing.

8. MonstaMash, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

MonstaMash macrumors regular

MonstaMash

People should start emailing Scott Forstall about this or contacting Apple. Hopefully we see this update in 6.1.

(Remember that last year when iOS 5.0 was released so many people complained about not being able to delete photos in Photo Streams that it was added in 5.1)

9. NunnOtha thread starter macrumors member

@BobVB you don't have to use your actual ID. You can just create an alternate one with apple or just use an email. Some of the ppl I share with dont even have iphones

10. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

If I want to share my photo to my friends. I will use facebook instead, less complicated. And anyone can comment too.