Photo Stream

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c14nhl, Oct 8, 2011.

1. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Hi everyone

I love the thought of Photo Stream, but at the same time don't like the thought of someone else being able to see my pictures.

There will be pictures I don't mind about heading up to Apple servers with my account attached to it and others I'd rather not.

Does anyone know what kind of encryption is being used at Apple's end? Will someone at Apple have access to these images?

Cheers

2. yourmother macrumors regular

I dont know the encryption but it is a feature you have to enable.

You dont have to use it. Under photo setting in pictures u can flip the switch to off.

3. c14nhl thread starter macrumors 6502

c14nhl

So if I was going on holiday, or to an event that I knew I'd want to use Photo Stream keep it on. And I'd imagine if I was to turn it off and delete any pictures from my phone before turning this back on they wouldn't be uploaded. That's sounds like a good workaround actually, happy with that.

Cheers

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Yes. But I doubt anyone would look at your photos. I remember Apple at some point saying they had encryption one everything uploaded as security was very important to them.

Personally I doubt I will be turning on iCloud, I don't want any of my data sent up to Apple's servers.

5. yourmother macrumors regular

Also im pretty sure this is the case, photostream wont upload unless youre connected to wifi.