photo sync capacity appearing too large HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kingsxrocks, Dec 6, 2010.

1. kingsxrocks macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

like the title suggests... i have a folder on my laptop with all organized subfolders with photos in them. i sync this folder on itunes so i can see all the subfolders/pictures on my iphone. the size of this folder is 1.65 gb... but when i sync it on itunes onto my iphone the overall photo capacity size skyrockets to 3.4 gb... why is that?? my iphone is only 16 gb.. so that extra 2 gb that the photo sync is taking away really hurts.

WHY is my photo folder (on my computer that i'm syncing) is 1.6 gb and the overall photo capacity is shown as 3.4 gb.. ??

i HATE photo syncing on itunes.. i wish apple would just let us drag and drop albums and photos onto the ipod/iphone.

can anyone help me out so i can retrieve that extra 2gb back while still getting all of my photos/albums onto the iphone?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The other 2Gb is probably photos and movies in your camera roll.

3. kingsxrocks thread starter macrumors newbie

believe me.. i checked that... the camera roll is 90 mb.. that doesnt add up.

1.65 gb (synced photos) + 90 mb camera roll does not = 3+ gb of total photo space...

4. kingsxrocks, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

kingsxrocks thread starter macrumors newbie

5. kingsxrocks thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i have a 3rd gen ipod touch, which has the same photo folder synced (with the subfolders) that i also sync for my iphone 4.

now... explain this to me:

on my ipod, the photo capacity is at 2.2 gb,
    on my iphone, the photo capacity is at 3.1 gb while there is only 60 MB in my camera roll??

seriously i don't understand this whole photo syncing thing... if it's one size on one device.. why doesn't it match the size on the other device ???