Photo Sync Issue on 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mary2e, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Mary2e macrumors newbie

newbie here :)

I generally sync once a week and this morning tried. I did not make any changes except for the usual app updates and perhaps some contact/calendar changes.

The sync went normally, and when it reached photos it started to copy all of them again - all 4.5 gig :eek::eek:

I then noticed that my "other" jumped up to 4.3 gig. It's normally very small.

I almost ran out of space. I synced again, and it tried to sync more photos and then told me I was out of space. All my photos were now gone. I went into the photos tab and unchecked all of them. The space meter at the bottom then showed me I only had .1 gig of space used, but Other was still huge.

From the best I can tell, Other is only made up of things on the Info tab (??), and I don't have it syncing my mail automatically.

Is anyone else seeing this? How can I fix? I hate to restore from last week's backup, as I end up losing a lot of stuff and have to redo all my screens.

I'm using Windows Vista, if that matters.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

2. Mary2e thread starter macrumors newbie

I played with this some more and finally, removed all my photos from the "pictures" folders in Vista and synced again.

I closed itunes and reopened it and Other was back to normal and I didn't have any pictures.

I then put the pictures back in Vista, closed itunes and reopened it and synced a few folders.

It worked - Other did not change and is now back to it's tiny self.