Photo Transfer situation!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by joelw135, Nov 3, 2008.

1. joelw135 macrumors 6502

joelw135

I had posted in a prior thread regarding a automatic photo transfer application that would automatically transfer photos from camera to pictures folder. I finally was able to get "Image Capture" to transfer photos to a folder within the pictures folder. What I am asking now is if there is a way using "Automate" to transfer and automatically create a new folder within "Pictures Folder"? Preferably make a new one each time with a different name, such as the date? Am I asking to much?

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Try here: http://automatorworld.com/ They have just about any automator script you need.

3. joelw135 thread starter macrumors 6502

joelw135

Thanks, but I had already looked there. I guess what I need a programmer will have to make.

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

You can always give it a try. Automator isn't design for a pure technical person. However, you might need to search for a specific task that's not listed.

You should be able to easily put

Find Files
    Create folder
    Copy Files

and that be about it.

I used automator to rename some of my video files from my camcorder and move them, was pretty easy. I did have to do some googling on the steps needed.

5. joelw135 thread starter macrumors 6502

joelw135

I have tried using Automator, but I am new to Mac and I can't seem to find or create an action to do this operation.

1. Create folder with name (date ex. 11-10-08)in pictures folder
    2. Transfer photos to named folder
    3. Erase photos on SD card or card in camera.

Looks simple enough, but I am at a loss.