Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danceduke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I'm having problems trying to upload photos from my Mac (running OSX, version 10.5.7) to various types of application: Blogger, Picasa etc etc. I've searched around a lot, and though some people seem to have related problems, none seems to offer a solution that works for me.

So, for example, I'd like to export photos from Iphoto to Picasa. I use the standard export key, the export seems to start ok, but then freezes every time at around 180kb. When sending to blogger, the transfer fails to complete and the connection with the server hangs up. I've installed latest versions of software - java, adobe, etc - but this doesn't help.

My Picasa page is empty, so it's not a question of storage capacity. I'm also able to send to blogger and Picasa from my pc without problems.

I read 2 discussions which might be relevant:

1. someone seemed to suggest that there might be an incompatibility between an adsl router and a mac. However, i don't have any other internet problems, and can send large files via other applications (microsoft outlook, for example). I don't know how to check for any such incompatibility, nor how to resolve it if there is any.

2. Someone else suggested that it might be something to do with the internet provider operating some sort of caching. Again, I don't know how to check if this is the case, nor how to handle it. Specifying proxies under System Preferences > Networks was suggested, but it's all a mystery to me.

I should mention that I don't have any firewalls installed, other than whatever is included by default under OS X (which I haven't adjusted).

I'd be really so grateful if anyone can help at all. Like I say, I've searched in as many places as I can, but nothing seems completely relevant.

danceduke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Just a quick follow up...

Took my mac to work and am able to upload successfully from there, so problem must be something to do with the compatibility of my mac and the ADSL router I'm using. As far as i know I can't change that router though - I'm living in Italy and the specific router came as part of the ADSL deal and includes a sim-type card.

Anyone know of a way of solving the problem, which is presumably to do with the way the router caches stuff from the mac, which it doesn't with the pc?

Thanks for looking anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.