PhotoAlbums+

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Orion126, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Orion126 macrumors regular

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Seen pretty good, I wish they would offer a trial period. I may wait for a few more reviews and youtube videos before pulling the trigger. :D

3. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

very cool tweak. I really like it. the only thing i see so far is it wont add pictures to exsisting albums made by itunes. So far though, its very cool. I've made a few albums. This is another "why the heck didnt Apple do this" tweak. It just makes sense.

4. Sparxxx macrumors regular

Could someone please tell me from where I can get this app?
    The one from BigBoss Repo doens't work... there is no "buy" button... just install and than it gives me an error... weird.

Attached Files:

5. Orion126 thread starter macrumors regular

Try looking for it in Cydia under Changes or search for it there.

I purchased the app and I'm happy to finally put some order in the 300+ images I have on my phone.

6. Sparxxx macrumors regular

tried that too... same issue :(

7. bjobes macrumors regular

Working nicely here. Nice to have some order finally to my album

8. TJone macrumors 6502a

Do the new folders you create sync back over through iTunes along with the pictures you add to them? Thanks

9. Sparxxx macrumors regular

fixed it... some time ago I have modified the Cydia package.js file so I could get rid of the ads in Cydia.
    Have undo the modification and all is working now :).
    GREAT APP!

10. Orion126 thread starter macrumors regular

Apparantly iTunes sees them as if they were all under the Camera Roll folder so there are no issues with that unless you restore your phone...then you have to create the folders again and add the images.

11. TJone macrumors 6502a

That is good they are seen by iTunes. I will probably skip it though and just keep making folders and syncing up through iTunes like before. I wish iTunes would allow you to move pictures on your phone and create new folders and then sync create the new folders back on your computer. That would be ideal.

12. jluce50, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

jluce50 macrumors regular

Just FYI, you can't move existing pictures into a custom album from anywhere other than the Camera Roll. So if you already have an album called "Family" and you want to be able to copy pictures directly from Camera Roll into the "Family" album you'll have to create a duplicate "Family" album with PhotoAlbums+ for any new pictures. The existing photos will be stuck in the old "Family" album forever.

I think it's a great product and I'm grateful to the devs for their hard work, but this was a surprise to me after I bought it and I just wanted to give a heads-up to anyone else with similar expectations.

The good news is that the devs are looking into a workaround, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...

13. TJone macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the information. The devs did a great job improving the photos app but it also highlights all the shortcomings of Apple's photo app. It is amazing that in iOS 4.0+ there is still no way to create folders on the phone itself and more organizing capabilities.

14. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

This product is perfect for those that only use the IP4 camera and don't sync them to a computer. My wife is a perfect example and loves this app since getting it yesterday.

For me, I'll stick with organizing things on my Mac. :D

15. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

yeah i'm still using it! Maybe they can figure out a way to include that in a future release but so far i'm really liking this tweek. its a DUH type thing ...