Photoblog Advice

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by goodmorning, Jun 18, 2008.

1. goodmorning macrumors member

I have just started photoblogging and I could use some help in designing my blog. I am using blogger right now, and it works all right, but I don't like how small the pictures look. Here is my blog:
    http://mplsphotoblog.blogspot.com/

I would much rather have one image per page, with clicking on the image taking you to the previous image (and a random image button would be ideal), like this blog:
    http://icleveland.blogspot.com/

I know next to nothing about blog/web design, but I'm willing to take some time to learn. I'm just doing this as a hobby right now, but even so, I would like my blog to look good. Advice?

Thanks

2. ertemplin macrumors newbie

There's a theme called Simple II, at the very bottom of the template picker thing. idk how you would go about making the images bigger, or only having one post per page though.

3. goodmorning thread starter macrumors member

Great, thanks, looks like I just have to poke around blogger a bit more.

4. otter macrumors 6502

5. Piercey macrumors newbie

6. goodmorning thread starter macrumors member

Cool, thanks, I have retooled my blog using the options in blogger, but I will definitely have to check out pixelpost. I think it looks better than it did, but I still have a ways to go.

7. hector macrumors regular

Thanks for the great link, love your blog, you have inspired me to set one up which is something I would never have considered doing!
    I am going to keep going with it for a week or so and if I still enjoy it, then I might put it in my signature!

8. thr33face macrumors 6502

one more vote for pixelpost.
    it's easy to setup and easy to use.

9. onomatopoeia macrumors 6502

onomatopoeia

I use Wordpress with a plugin called Yet Another Photoblog. I tried 5 or 6 dedicated photoblog options but the power of Wordpress cannot be denied and this plug-in is great to work with.

Hit the link in my signature to see it in action.

10. goodmorning thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all of the great advice everybody. I am fairly happy with what I have going on in blogger right now (I'm not even sure the quality of my photos deserves a bitchin' site design), but I still think I can make some improvements. I have looked into pixelpost and it definitely looks awesome, but am I correct in assuming I need to use my own server space to host one? I can't seem to find any way to format a blog using pixelpost and actually post with blogger (pardon my idiocy, like I said, I know next to nothing about how the internet actually works). Wordpress also looks very intriguing, is it a lot more flexible than blogger and if I am going to make a move I might as well do it sooner than later, do you all think this would be a good move?
    Again, all advice is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

11. Soma 115 macrumors regular

I just made an account on Coolphotoblogs, but it says i need confirmation.....and the email doesnt have a confirmation link or anything......anyone know how this gets confirmed???

12. onomatopoeia macrumors 6502

onomatopoeia

I believe they confirm your site by visiting it. I think confirmation of my site took 7 to 10 days.

13. Soma 115 macrumors regular

oh so they do it all manually :rolleyes:. i was so confused when i followed the link and it was still needing confirmation lol