Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goodmorning

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Minneapolis
I have just started photoblogging and I could use some help in designing my blog. I am using blogger right now, and it works all right, but I don't like how small the pictures look. Here is my blog:
http://mplsphotoblog.blogspot.com/

I would much rather have one image per page, with clicking on the image taking you to the previous image (and a random image button would be ideal), like this blog:
http://icleveland.blogspot.com/

I know next to nothing about blog/web design, but I'm willing to take some time to learn. I'm just doing this as a hobby right now, but even so, I would like my blog to look good. Advice?

Thanks

ertemplin

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
There's a theme called Simple II, at the very bottom of the template picker thing. idk how you would go about making the images bigger, or only having one post per page though.

onomatopoeia

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007
I use Wordpress with a plugin called Yet Another Photoblog. I tried 5 or 6 dedicated photoblog options but the power of Wordpress cannot be denied and this plug-in is great to work with.

Hit the link in my signature to see it in action.

goodmorning

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Minneapolis
Thanks for all of the great advice everybody. I am fairly happy with what I have going on in blogger right now (I'm not even sure the quality of my photos deserves a bitchin' site design), but I still think I can make some improvements. I have looked into pixelpost and it definitely looks awesome, but am I correct in assuming I need to use my own server space to host one? I can't seem to find any way to format a blog using pixelpost and actually post with blogger (pardon my idiocy, like I said, I know next to nothing about how the internet actually works). Wordpress also looks very intriguing, is it a lot more flexible than blogger and if I am going to make a move I might as well do it sooner than later, do you all think this would be a good move?
Again, all advice is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

Soma 115

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2008
the Chi
I just made an account on Coolphotoblogs, but it says i need confirmation.....and the email doesnt have a confirmation link or anything......anyone know how this gets confirmed???

onomatopoeia

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007
I just made an account on Coolphotoblogs, but it says i need confirmation.....and the email doesnt have a confirmation link or anything......anyone know how this gets confirmed???

I believe they confirm your site by visiting it. I think confirmation of my site took 7 to 10 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.